About time I introduced the Banbridge Riley mentioned earlier, it's a 1968 mk2 Kestrel 1300, with a Mini Cooper 'S' spec 1275 A series, including twin carbs and other details differentces over lesser ADO16s. It's finished in Maroon B with red leather interior and was great before it wrecked the gearbox;
Too long in fact.
I donated a spare gearbox to it over Christmas, and all seemed well until we realised the final drive ratios of it were different, so not only was the car slower as a result, but the speedo was inaccurate too. This then came out again and a new mainshaft built up for putting into the original 'box. As I am typing this it is back together, with a new clutch on, ready for lifting back into the engine bay, which of course will be simple now we've had plenty of practice Then it's a case of putting all the ancilliaries back on and firing her up and hopefully it'll be ready for a nice sunny show season

No comments:
Post a Comment